Medical Transport Fund
Our Medical Transport Fund provides patients with gas cards, cab vouchers and/or train or plane tickets so that they are able to make it to medical appointments, treatment sessions or medical procedures.
In this fund The Foundation has a maximum of $1,500 to give per patient per year. Patients that meet the guidelines can apply for this type of funding, but should note that the maximum amount of $1,500 is not given to each patient.
To be eligible for assistance:
- Qualified patients must reside or are being treated in the Rocky Mountain region (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Montana, Utah and Wyoming).
- Qualified patients are eligible to receive assistance, based on eligibility requirements and the availability of funds.
- All applications must be coordinated by a social worker or healthcare professional who will attach a qualifying letter of assessment.
Only patients with the following conditions will be considered for support:
- Patients with tumor of the extremities including bone and soft tissue tumors.
- Patients with tumors in the shoulder and pelvic areas that threaten limbs.
- Patients with limb-threatening traumatic injuries to the extremities including partial or complete amputation.
- Patients with severe infections of the bone and/or soft tissue of the extremities and non-healing bones.
To apply for this fund please have your medical social worker or a medical health care professional complete our application after reviewing our guidelines.
For more information contact:
The Limb Preservation Foundation| email: Medical Transportation Fund | 303-429-0688