Data and Administrative Specialist for the Limb Preservation Foundation
Position Title: Data and Administrative Specialist
Compensation: $18 per hour –15 -20 hours per week
Benefits: Pro-rated Holiday Pay, 100% Remote from Denver Front Range (i.e., must be a local candidate – strongly prefer Littleton area), computer and printer provided.
Reports to: Executive Director
Mission and Purpose:
The mission of the Limb Preservation Foundation (LPF) is to support the prevention and treatment of limb-threatening conditions due to tumor, trauma or infection. The goal of the Foundation is to enhance the quality of life for individuals facing these conditions through patient assistance, education and research.
The Data and Administrative specialist is detail-oriented, organized and team focused. Being part of a mission of serving others is very important. The ideal candidate has years of database experience, preferably with another nonprofit, and understands the predictive nature of donor past support. This person will be skillful to implement practices to improve data operations and produce analytical reports. While this person excels with numbers and analysis, s/he is also relationship-oriented, consistently tactful with colleagues inside and outside the organization. The ideal candidate is self-confident and experienced to resolve vendor disputes independently. As LPF is a small organization, the individual must be comfortable with resource limitations as well as a remote work environment.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Efficiently manage eTapestry database: enter gifts, create acknowledgment letters, generate reports.
- Assess the current state of the LPF database, then develop and implement a plan to improve it, including maximizing the features of the current system, add data categories, etc.
- Assess and survey the cost of our current database relative to other systems in the nonprofit industry; one project might be recommending a transition to a less costly database that meets LPF needs.
- Creates reports and statistical analysis from database records.
- Regularly generates reports from eTapestry as well as other merchant programs. We currently use Colorado Gives, Stripe, Axia/Payment Spring.
- Serves as organization’s expert with data and payment needs for events and/or changing needs.
- Regularly works with LPF’s outside accountant, furnishing reports/information needed to produce monthly financial reports (i.e., generate donation reports, download/code credit card bills, download/code merchant reports).
- Prepare checks/payments and maintains files/backup for vendors and patient assistance grants.
- Maintains organization’s operations manual.
- Participates and assists with special events.
- Develops/improves LPF systems and keeps operations organized.
- The individual will meet approximately one time per week with the Executive Director.
- Generates donation reports and correspondence for the Sky High Hope Camp (program LPF manages for another nonprofit on a temporary basis).
- The individual will participate in regular staff meetings via video camera.
- While the above responsibilities are typical, other projects will arise calling for help from the data/administrative specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with databases, nonprofits and/or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in database management, preferably with a donor database
- The ideal home base for the candidate will be Littleton or the surrounding area
- Highly organized
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Individual with a positive outlook and team orientation
- Must be willing to travel locally with a reliable form of transportation
- Experience with maintaining highly confidential information
- Must have a valid driver’s license
To Apply: Include a resume and a cover note that specifically describes how your experience would be a match for this role. Provide reference contact information for 3-4 references with 2 being past supervisors. References will not be contacted without your prior permission. The employee probation period is six months from the start date. A criminal background check will be performed for the final candidate(s). Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.