Marketing and Development Specialist
Job Summary: The Marketing and Development Specialist is responsible for marketing, public relations and social media functions. In addition, this professional will play an instrumental role in development functions, serving as the lead on two special events, supporting social media/direct mail campaigns and grants. We are seeking a strong writer who is comfortable wearing different hats.
This role will be rewarding for an individual who wants to make a difference and experience clear rewards from work making a positive impact in the lives of our constituents. This professional will amass a wide range of work samples for his/her portfolio. This role will also offer excellent opportunities to learn and grow as a professional fundraiser.
- Write, coordinate and manage print and electronic projects, including newsletters, appeal letters, web copy and related public-facing communication.
- Will manage and work closely with Executive Director for direct mail appeals (spring and year-end).
- Will play a role in establishing a revised website to be introduced in the near future. The specialist will update the website regularly.
- Will manage electronic and print communication on a regular basis.
- Responsible for posting social media content regularly.
- Monitor website traffic and play an active role in campaigns to create heightened engagement with the LPF website.
- Act as staff lead for special events, in collaboration with other staff members.
- Will act as a back-up providing administrative support for office functions as needed.
Qualifications: Our ideal candidate will be a pro-active, self-directed and organized professional who can multi-task and who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years’ experience in an office environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with donor databases
- Knowledgeable and proficient with social media
- Excellent written, verbal and social interaction skills
Schedule: Can be structured for full or part time.
To apply: Send cover letter with resume and writing samples to email@example.com